Tuesday, October 19, 2010

...All By Myself (Day 2)

I can't sleep. I'm very tired, but I can't seem to fall asleep. So here I am, day 2 of my bad ass all by myselfness.

So...what did we deal with today? A migraine, a hole in my favorite sweater (which really didn't have shit to do with the overall situation, but sucked balls anyway).

I took the kids to a fundraiser for Elena's elementary school at our favorite ice cream joint (and totally rubbed it in Jason's face via text because it's his absolute favorite thing in the world & since he's surrounded by snow capped mountains he can SUCK IT!) so that was cool.

Then we came home, did the normal shit (baths, play & bed) and here we are.

Oh yeah, there was also this (for those of you curious, that is my Zoloft, Xanax & Benadryl in the background):
Ahhhh

and this (happens to be my dinner & my 2nd glass of wine)...

Bliss

So overall, I guess it wasn't so bad.

I also wrote this, which was fun; and had some fun on Twitter (fuck off haters, it's fun) today.

Shit. I'm actually starting to bore myself. Maybe I didn't need that Xanax after all. Well, fuck, that was a waste of a perfectly good pill. Going to bed now.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I <3 your wine choices!!! Middle Sister is one of my faves! I also <3 Mommy's Time Out Pinot Grigio...I have a HUGE list of loves! LOL! Hope today goes better for ya! And remember it could be worse... you could have, like crabs or something!

Atypical Scott said...

I instantly imagined that one guy from that movie in which I cannot remember the title of...half baked??? Yeah, I think that is it. Anyway, the one guy gets sent off to prison and his stoner buddies have to come up with money to spring him from the joint.

There is one scene where he is standing in the shower, all shower-capped and sudsy, singing "All by myself!" When he drops the bar of soap. HA-HA!

Can I imply that you emptied all three bottles AND popped all three pills, or would that be an admission to land you in a place similar to the above? In any case, good for you!

DLK said...

Can I just tell you that your dinner is my absolute favorite! I need to move to Italy so I can just drink wine and eat cheese, olives, grapes...

Brandi C. said...

@Jen, I hope to hell we're talking ocean crabs, cause if not...FUCK THAT!

@Scott, I may or may not have been belting that one out in the shower myself and I'll have you know that I am a very responsible dysfunctional parent. I only take my recommended daily dose of prescribed mood altering drugs and had 1 glass of wine (only fair to the kids to drink an entire bottle when there is another adult present). But I seriously do appreciate your show of support! :D

@DLK, I'm a simple girl with simple tastes. There's just something really fun about grown up finger foods. Especially when you don't take yourself too seriously and use your kid's string mozarella for the cheese portions. Hahaa!